Four and Twenty Blackbirds


Sing a Song of Sixpence,
A bag full of Rye,
Four and twenty
Naughty boys (blackbirds),
Bak'd in a Pye.
When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;

Was not that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?
The king was in his counting-house,
Counting out his money;
The queen was in the parlor,
Eating bread and honey.
The maid was in the garden,
Hanging out the clothes,
There came a little blackbird,
And snapped off her nose.
All about "Sing a Song of Sixpence" from The Straight Dope.




Comments

I love the photograph!!
Undaunted said…
Ooh, what a tease! It looks like you have lots of lovely and interesting things in the background, but I can't enlarge the photo!
:)
Those birds are amazing!
Leanne Pizio said…
Emailing my order now.
Leanne
Janets Planet said…
One of my favorite nursery rhymes.
Connie said…
I had to come take a look at the Dickie Birds again!!! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait for mine to migrate my way!!

Peace & Love.
Connie said…
I should also add that I featured your Dickie Birds on my blog tonight! I think they need to migrate everywhere they're so adorable!

Peace & Love.
Lynette said…
I love your dickie birds and what a cool setup with that pie!!
Anonymous said…
Very interesting!

Please visit us at the India Art Summit. Following the inaugural success of India’s international art fair for modern & contemporary artworks in 2008, the second edition is slated for the 19th – 22nd August 2009 in New Delhi, India.
Do visit our website for more details at www.indiaartsummit.com
Love the birds in the pie dish! Here's another bird-loving girl whose blog I also read:- http://www.weebirdy.com/. Now, go tweet amongst yourselves. x

Popular Posts