An Artist's Life in Yellow Springs

Peaches Grill has the BEST "bloody mary" EVER, of course for medicinal puposes ;) This is the view from the patio of the Mural on the side of HA Ha Pizza, that has the best pizza EVER (with anchovies of course).

Well, err, here is the update of the vampire rabbit painting. I am letting things slowly evolve and am just adding as I feel the mood at the time. The rabbit harks back to my past, but what I see happening is its competing with patterns, almost as if the present is obscuring my past. Oh la la, getting a bit existentialist or something, eek! By the way spuggy is my family nickname.





Frederic Yonnet plays Little Wing on his harmonica during the AACW Bluesfest 2006 hosted by Dave Chappelle in Yellow Springs, OH. For a small village of 3,500 it never ceases to amaze me how much is going on, how much talent is here, and that we still have a privately owned art movie house, The Little Art Theatre.

Comments

Ed Maskevich said…
You must remember to go to Peaches everyday and take your medicine. If not for yourself then for little vampire bunny.
I love buildings with murals like that! That is awesome!
Janets Planet said…
The mural is cool. Do you have a rainbow building in Yellow Springs like that?

Is this new piece for the show in October? How is that progressing?
Yellow Springs is unbelievably vibrant. It is every colour of the rainbow.
I wish I lived there...

Vampire Bunny is reaching deep into your subconcious with his sharpened rodent teeth...

x
jafabrit said…
I wish ed, but then I would get over medicated very quickly LOL! I adore seeing bits of art around places, and murals especially. The mural is supposed to represent the building itself but I don't remember a time it looked like that unless you ate one of their shroom pizzas back in the late 60's (which might explain the name ha ha pizza)
Minx it is amazing, there is always something going on. We have a big skate party coming up in August with graffiti art panels being hung, live bands, skate demos. I am helping out with it. Last Saturday there was a live band set up outside the little art theatre (one of few surviving independent movie art houses left in america), and a puppet show in kings yard near the farmers market. I go Sat mornings to buy fresh baked bread at the Emporium, which is as good as the bread in dean and deluccas in New York :) If I am going to have to live in Ohio then Yellow Springs is it.
Susie Q said…
Peaches is wonderful as is the Little Art. Bill and I try to see something there as often as we can. He practically lived there while in college. : )

That mural is great...very cool. Love it.

Love the vampire bunny...I think of him as a bunny. : ) With dripping, sharpened fangs. Run Away! Run Away!

Hugs,
Sue
dinahmow said…
Spug is a sparrow, right? So do you sing like Edith Piaf?
And, yes, street art is the best!
jafabrit said…
ahem, nooooooooooooooooo, rrrrrrrrrrrregret. Naw, I think I need a few more bloody mary's dinah.

I think the rabbit will get red glitter polish susie :)
L.M.Noonan said…
I see you are embracing your inner grafitti artist

Popular Posts