Friday, November 28, 2008

Four and Twenty Blackbirds


Sing a Song of Sixpence,
A bag full of Rye,
Four and twenty
Naughty boys (blackbirds),
Bak'd in a Pye.
When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;

Was not that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?
The king was in his counting-house,
Counting out his money;
The queen was in the parlor,
Eating bread and honey.
The maid was in the garden,
Hanging out the clothes,
There came a little blackbird,
And snapped off her nose.
All about "Sing a Song of Sixpence" from The Straight Dope.




10 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

I love the photograph!!

Undaunted said...

Ooh, what a tease! It looks like you have lots of lovely and interesting things in the background, but I can't enlarge the photo!

Michelle (artscapes) said...

:)
Those birds are amazing!

painter girl said...

Emailing my order now.
Leanne

Janvangogh said...

One of my favorite nursery rhymes.

Connie said...

I had to come take a look at the Dickie Birds again!!! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait for mine to migrate my way!!

Peace & Love.

Connie said...

I should also add that I featured your Dickie Birds on my blog tonight! I think they need to migrate everywhere they're so adorable!

Peace & Love.

Lynette said...

I love your dickie birds and what a cool setup with that pie!!

Archita Singh said...

Very interesting!

Please visit us at the India Art Summit. Following the inaugural success of India’s international art fair for modern & contemporary artworks in 2008, the second edition is slated for the 19th – 22nd August 2009 in New Delhi, India.
Do visit our website for more details at www.indiaartsummit.com

the likkle girl who wurves pwetty things said...

Love the birds in the pie dish! Here's another bird-loving girl whose blog I also read:- http://www.weebirdy.com/. Now, go tweet amongst yourselves. x