Pesky Health Issues and Creativity

Sketchbook drawing & Prisma filter
 
Where there is a will there is a way and aging has a way of testing your will. Well it’s not the aging itself but some of the things that crop up health wise and you face limitations physically.  Well BOY OH BOY has my will been sorely tested. I won’t bore you with the details, except to say the universe is not finishing showing me who is boss. Suffice it to say during my enforced  6 month  fluctuating bout of  couch potato status having my sketchbook and paint pens at my side were a blessing. It’s just as well I no longer have the will or desire to stretch large canvases  to paint, and then cart them around and hang shows. My creativity seems to be getting smaller LOL! 

Smaller paintings, smaller drawings, smaller embroidery, and now clay mice.

I must remember not to hunch over a table doing fiddly bits of clay for hours on end because i did my back in. Grrrrr!  Mission now heal back and figure out how to create fiddle clay pieces without doing my back in. Until then it’s typing and back to drawing in my sketchbook.



Comments

Popular Posts