THe Magic World of Cheddar Cottage and Mouse Drawings


 In many ways my mouse drawings and clay figures are autobiographical, or moments in  my imagined world as a child.  No, we didn't have a swing or a lantern like this as a child in the mining village. However I do remember ink black skies at night and a giant hawthorn tree next to our house.  I do remember sitting on the front doorstep of our house called Eden Hill and mum giving me homemade


chips (large cut french fries) in a newspaper cone. I'd stare at the stars in absolute wonderment. I would've sat there for hours if I could have so mum used to have to coax me indoors with the promise of a glass of milk, a biccy and one episode of Perry Mason with the wonderful Raymond Burr.  Yes, a rather odd choice for a 6 year old to watch but I loved that show, plus I got to stay up ha ha.


About the Drawings: Done in my Stillman & Birn Zeta Series sketchbook and using paint pens.  My blog is not monetized and I don't profit from sharing my fave products. If you have any questions on why I love my stillman & Birn Sketchbook just leave a comment.


Comments

Popular Posts