Copyright Abuse: Not a Jackson Pollock on Amazon and Fine Art America


 Ever since I discovered reverse image search in 2013,11 years ago, one image keeps being used without my or my art partners permission. It’s a painting called splat we had done in 2006  and  I had posted online. My big mistake was naively assuming nobody would be interested in it and posting the image in a high resolution , BIG MISTAKE. If you go to this link, Jackson Pollock and The Strange Saga of a Jafagirl Painting , you will see how many people have used our image to profit from, have claimed copyright to, or to advertise a product. 

I now use a service that crawls the internet to find my work and when I am alerted I can either ask the infringer to remove it (which usually results in me being cursed out),  file a dmca notice OR ask the Pixsy Lawyers to pursue a licensing fee and back pay and lawyer fees ( not a big money maker for me ). Pixsy is an image protection service that provides lawyers to pursue infringers that are profiting from your work, the caveat is that your image needs to be registered with the us copyright office, which mine is. 


So it popped up on Amazon and I was alerted. Thing is amazon copyright infringement form is not particularly user friendly  so I alerted the seller to please remove it.  Let’s see if I get any response after 24 hours. 
EDITED TO ADD: the seller removed and I appreciate that

Other Infringers

Fine Art America 




IN PRINT


These examples don’t even cover half of the current infringements I’m finding. There are two music videos using it and the irony is that the artists claim copyright to their music LOL! 
 
A BIG question some have is why bother.
I should be payed for my work
And
Not allowing my art to become an orphan work












Comments

Popular Posts