Fighting Off the Creative Block

 It's a curse I tell ya, a CURSE! It's something so many creatives face, but it's more than a lack of inspiration, in fact I don't think I lack inspiration as much as losing confidence. Yes, I am admitting or confessing I have lost my creative confidence. It's really disturbing. Which is why I've ventured into doing something out of my comfort zone. I'm enjoying the process, but the colours are way out of what I'd normally choose. I also don't know whether I even like it BUT I am working on something

I started with a sketchbook drawing, uploaded it onto adobe and played with some colour ideas and then used the adobe tile image as a jumping off point for the felt version.

One thing I don't want to do is panic about a creative or confidence block. This is when it morphs into the tortured artist stuff, heck with that. What I can share is it's not fear of rejection or fear of what others think, or critisism, nor a need for perfection. 
PLODDING ON


Comments

Popular Posts