How to Keep Healthy During a Pandemic

 Besides avoiding people like the plague.

There is an article on CNN that shows what happens to your body over months of isolation.  As a crone I didn't really need to read this to know the importance of getting out and exercising but it certainly is a healthy reminder of what happens if we don't.

For me keeping healthy means hiking.

However that is easier said than done when you live in Arizona and this has been a brutal summer.  It may be September and cooling down but it's still hot and going to hit a 100 degrees today, so getting out means hitting the trail before 7am.


 

Here's is my confession: I would MUCH rather NOT get up at 5:30am. It's a slog, BUT once I'm on the trail and after a hike, boy do I feel good.
The plus today was hearing the coyotes' howling in the distance, the gambils twittering about, and seeing a gorgeous sunrise.

Only thing I don't have any interest in is meditation, NOT my thing, but I do do dadirri OR put my earphones on and listen to sounds of nature for an hour.

If hiking is not your thing, just walking around a park or your neighbourhood is just as good. The point is to get moving. 


Comments

Popular Posts