Stop Telling Women to Embrace Grey Hair

 If my hair looked like this I'd ♥ it, but my hair doesn't look like this.  Seriously what is with the peer pressure, the attempts at shaming and lecturing that we should embrace gray hair.   

  I've tried several times over the past 5 years to go grey but I end up looking like a bat from hell ready to take off. I don't have a pretty grey either, it makes me look washed out and older and no amount of adjusting make-up helped. I also hear the argument that dying your hair won't make you look younger, as well as the argument we should age gracefully (whatever the heck that means). 

I'm not trying to look younger, so let's put that to rest. After surviving breast cancer I embrace the privilege of getting older. I can choose a bat from hell look or I can get a style and colour that helps me look the best I can at 65. I know which one I'm going for. 

 
 As for the aging gracefully argument, I don't see why we are supposed to age gracefully or disgracefully. 
How about we age the way we want.
As for that bloody turkey neck.
Gobble! gobble!


 

Comments

Popular Posts