What Does Gratitude During A Pandemic Have to do With Art?

A lot for me because art has always been my refuge, my solace, my playground, my joy, my meditation. I'm so grateful for that and knowing that through thick and thin I can turn to art to see me through. If forced isolation and solitude makes us confront the essence of who we are then I’ve found that and am grateful for it.
Daily Sketchbook Doodles
There is a lot of medical research that supports creativity is helpful to your physical and mental well being.  Maria Cohut Ph.D wrote an article about it for the Medical News Today.
You don’t have to be rich to live an artful life, you just have to have intention and make a deliberate choice until it just become habit. I really love this article by 
Srinivas Rao that shares what it means to live an artful life. The author talks of embracing solitude and boy talk about having to do this during the isolation of a pandemic.


Grateful for: 
I won't list the obvious or ALL the things I'm grateful for but here is a wee few.
USPS that helps maintain delivery of my letters, my art postcards to friends and family, my art, my art supplies and so many other things.
Mobil Phone Camera to capture those small joys in life.
Paint Pens that don't stink and clog up. 
Jerry's Artorama less than 20 mins away and fab staff and hard core art supplies.
According to the American Heart Association it is important to cultivate gratitude as it helps improve your immune system. With that said I say Knit, Sew, Photograph, Bake, Garden, Dance, Write, Problem Solve, Woodwork, whatever it takes. 
Keep Well and Safe
jafabrit

Comments

Popular Posts