Art During the Time of Covid and Isolation

I suppose I could say I've had some practice becoming an isolated artist since moving to Arizona in 2018, but the isolation from covid, along with the political turmoil is something else. Having an online art tribe with the camaraderie and friendship that goes with that was a comfort that has now become compromised by all the painful distractions. So I find myself isolated in a way I never expected. 
 At the beginning of this pandemic I painted rocks every day with the innocent idea
 that within a few months I could start leaving them again in my fave cafes and places I visit. HAH! Most of them sit in a large box under my coffee table and now sadly I realize some of those cafes will more than likely not exist once this pandemic is over. The compelling need to paint rocks daily died, although I still do the odd one. 
 I don't seem to have the energy for large art commitments, BUT I have discovered the mesmerizing joy of pour painting. It doesn't really require a huge commitment other than exploring, pouring, dabbling.  NOTE: Of course if you are new to painting, wanting a large painting, plan to sell, or teach sure you will need a dedicated pour painting space, lots of paint, and time to learn about colour mixing etc.
 I'm just doing small pieces 
on postcards that get eventually get sent to friends. I never thought I could say I'd sit and enjoy watching paint dry lol! but as the paint settles and dries cells form and that is the part that is mesmerizing.

Link: Check out the great info about pour painting and creating cells from The Left Brained Artist.

Take care all


Comments

Jane said…
The colors are looking so cute.

Popular Posts