"Hand Embroidered Coronavirus Mask



"Futility Mask"

When I was still fairly new to America 42 years ago I bought an embroidery kit in Texas based on a 1700's sampler by a 12 year old called Sarah Salter. I was filled with innocent wonder at this new adventure in a  country I'd immigrated to. I adored the design and all that it represents to me, my future, hopes, and dreams, nature and the  meditative joy of embroidery. I decided to call this the "futility mask" ,not because wearing a functional mask is futile but because there is a desperate and futile effort to convince some people that coronavirus is not overblown , is not a hoax and  wearing a mask is not an attempt to destroy their liberties.


Note: When making a mask that you intend to be functional it's important to note that pin holes and needle holes will make it pretty useless (as in futile) that is unless you intend to incorporate a filter pocket and a nose wire.

Cheers All and Keep Safe


 

Comments

Popular Posts