Once a Cancer Patient, always a Cancer Patient

Even though I survived breast cancer the reality is that I'm STILL a cancer patient.  You are never out of the woods when you've had cancer. The fear of it still lurks deep in the forest and we may be at the edge or just outside of it but we always have to watch that forest. 
So I still have to take meds, still have to take and retake blood tests and still have a ct scan every six months (nodule on my lung) before I see my oncologist.
I was hoping I could delay it since we're in the middle of a pandemic. Err NOPE! So things are already stressful without the added worry of a pandemic and people who seem to think it's perfectly okay NOT to bother wearing a mask to the place I need to go to for my blood test (and seriously I have to wonder about the health aid at the lab not wearing one either). Thank goodness the oncologists and the radiologists are insisting patients wear masks.

"The ongoing horror of survivorship is a big, dirty secret.” I know exactly what this author is talking about in her article "Why Cancer Isn't Over After You're Cured" There is fear every oncology visit until you hear the words "you're good, all is clear".

Until then I have become the Queen of Distraction ♥






Comments

myra anderson said…
I totally agree with you!
jafabrit said…
Thanks for stopping by and commenting 😊

Popular Posts