Mad Dogs and Englishwomen:Watson Lake Arizona


"But mad dogs and Englishmen

Go out in the midday sun”



We thought we could escape the 115°f degrees in Phoenix by going to the mountain area up north to Prescott. I did doggie doodles on the two and a half hour drive up to Watson Lake. It's a lovely drive and we were looking forward to a picnic in cooler temps, HAH! It was a cool 100°f and yes, we sat in our chairs under spindly branches offering tiny bits of shade. The benches were lovely
benches around the world
 to look at but too hot to sit on, and absolutely no shade, so it was good we brought our own chairs. It was so hot my make up slid off my face. We had our picnic under the midday sun and a glorious view of Watson Lake as a storm moved across the sky. 

I closed my eyes and did this.
Dadirri


  “Dadirri is inner, deep listening and quiet, still awareness."

– Miriam-Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann

It was a wonderful day
cheers
jafabrit

Comments

Popular Posts