Delightful Curious Creatures on a Concrete Bench

at the 
Krannert Art Museum
Urbana Illinois
bench photography, statues
Unfortunately I can't tell you much about this sculpture except that it's in the wee garden outside the museum.  searched online but couldn't find any info anywhere, not on this link below either.

Tour | Public Art at the University of Illinois | ExploreCU

The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign was established in 1868, and it was as early as 1875 that an art gallery was established in Old University Hall by Regent John Milton Gregory.

What I remember of this day in 2014 is how lucky I was to come across a Goya exhibit titled Goya's War: Los Desastres de la Guerra. Such a powerful and compelling exhibit, and painful. It was also a reminder to me that you don't have to paint huge to make a powerful statement with an artwork. After spending a couple of hours in the museum I sat outside in the wee garden and ate my lunch next to these wonderful curious creatures. They were a whimsical break from Goya's exhibit and a time to just let my imagination soar.


So if you dear reader know who created this sculpture please leave a comment.
cheers

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kind of looks like a Tom Otterness sculpture, huh?

I love his work-the whimsy of it soothes me. :-)
They have a whole garden of them at the main branch of the Cleve Pub Lib (the Eastman Reading Garden.)

So fun.

xoxo T

Popular Posts