Calm Studio Time vs NOT so Calm Studio Time

The Calm Place
Jafabrit's Studio
Well, ahem! okay studio is looking a wee bit messy BUT it's quiet, and it's the place I spend the most time in. I read here, or listen to bbc radio, or quietly create, or just sit/listen and center myself. That sounds awfully woo woo, but it's just finding that quiet spot and giving in to it. If the weather wasn't so hot and humid I would go dadirri. 

An Indigenous Approach to Healing Trauma

People have always experienced pain, and in the vast span of time before the colonial expansion of western culture, indigenous cultures weren't without their methods of dealing with trauma. For centuries we've largely ignored the wisdom of those among us who are still directly connected to ancestral ways of knowledge.
I can't really get into any new painting projects as my focus is on  preparing and planning the Dayton Metro Library Residency projects but I have doodled and I always leave the studio feeling 
 refreshed and calm.

 NOT So Calm Studio Time
Creative Space DML Northwest Branch
jafagirl flower power
Nancy and I have several hours studio time and then several hours open studio time each week for 6 weeks and it's go go AND go. I was so happy that some wanted to help create flowers for the installation Nancy and I will put up in the children's part of the library.
We are also facing some challenges on how we want to install the various projects , but I feel this is part of the residency; trying to figure things out and how to use the space creatively. This first week was exhausting, mostly due to carting two car loads of supplies etc in a car without air conditioning (it's fixed for next week thank goodness) and setting up the creative space.  Not so calm studio time BUT energizing and the library, staff and patrons are wonderful.

Comments

Popular Posts