Copyright and Etsy Seller

In May 2013 I discovered my art being used by this etsy seller
 and posted a blog entry about it.  Interesting thing is I have had quite a few people contact me whose work was also been used. In this case I saw this wonderful photograph unattributed online and did a quick reverse image that led to linda yvonne  from Linda Hartong Photography and HELLO! (this etsy seller again) linda clearly states on her flickr page that this image is © and not to be used, copied or edited without permission. She shared in an email with me she did NOT give this etsy seller permission, nor did she sell it to her.


One other artist told me that the seller blamed it on the intern. When the artist asked how many she sold the seller got "nasty" and threatened legal action. 





Comments

Popular Posts