Hand Embroidery Transfer Methods

Two years ago I was given some Amaranthus Caudatus, also known as "Love Lies Bleeding", and used it to try my hand at solar dying technique (link included in my 2012 blog entry).
Seems apropos that I should use this fabric for my bleeding eye embroidery since the theme is domestic violence.

ANYHOW
There are a variety of ways of getting a pattern onto fabric and I make NO claims to be an expert but here is a list

Permanent Fabric Marker
Vanishing Fabric Marker

Frixion Erasable Gel Pen is my favourite, here is an excellent review.

DIY Tracing Lightbox for under $20 
OR
Window Method

Chalk
Dressmakers Carbon Paper (tutorial)

Printing on Fabric using Freezer Paper
OR
Print onto Computer Printer Fabric

thanks for dropping by jafabrit's art 

Comments

Popular Posts