How did my spin art painting end up on a record label?

 Just google it and my image is all over the net? But there it is with Prospect Records 
and used for pop singer Mario Calegari's album.
They have their Logo on it!
Did anybody ask permission
NO
Oh, you think I got paid for it's use.
HELL NO!
Did I receive any credit for my art
HELL NO!

It is one of my vinyl record series number 2 
and the original is currently hanging in my house (photo coming soon).
ps.can painting by nancy mellon
Was also on my flickr page, which is now deleted, and  posted on the arts and crafts blog 

A Clown is using it too.

UPDATE
5.29.2013
I was told by a contact person via company fb message they were sorry, but it was not used for commercial purposes.

This is just one page of the search and all of them are linked to sites that are selling/promoting the music.
Including Itunes 
Which part of this is NOT commercial?
UPDATE
 6.3.2013

I got a counter claim from youtube after I filed a dmca notice and  it says by the counter claimer they have all rights to the material. I am guessing the record company didn't let them know ?
UPDATE
6.10.13
The marketing firm dropped the counter claim after seeing my info

Thanks to Artist Marketing Resources for highlighting this issue


**************************

The group DUTTY MOONSHINE is using it too.
and
and
removed
and 



and
Same image listed on juno record charts by disc jockey
and
on just funked grrrrr - removed
and
Sound cloud dj page - removed
AND
UN fricking BELIEVABLE
removed





Comments

Anonymous said…
start sending them a bill!!

Popular Posts