The Value of an Honest Critique

I feel blessed to have friends, particularly jafa pal Nancy, who I can trust to give me an honest critique. What I thought I was saying with the teeth wasn't quite how it was coming across. That probably explains why I was having difficulty with what to put in the upper lid. Several friends said it looked more like an angry mouth and not consistent with what I was trying to say with the piece.  That made it easier for me to choose the right word which was still within the framework of what I was trying to say originally, only from a different perspective.  
I embroidered in gold thread onto the velvet (what a pain) but now I feel it works.

Just for fun I went to the instant art critique generator and this is what it had to say: As an advocate of the big mac aesthetic,I feel that the reductive quality of the biomorphic forms seems very disturbing in light of the accessibility of the work.

YUP, I think that's about right ;)







Comments

Popular Posts