Happy Accidents in Art

Artist Peter Max said, " Don't worry about mistakes. Making things out of mistakes, that's creativity"  or another way to look at is Embracing Creative Failure:Cultivating Happy Accidents.


Well at least I think it's a happy accident :)  and see some potential for further use in a variety of ways. It started off as a gone wrong stencil in my sketchbook (don't try and use a cardstock stencil twice unless you want a gloopy mess). I cut it out of the messy page in a circle, and collaged an eye on it and stuck it in the sketch book. I then accidently dripped some ink and yellow paint on it, and so I added the drip.  I decided to posterize it on adobe.

Considering how messy my studio is it's hardly surprising I have arty accidents! Maybe next week I start with spending 5 hours cleaning the studio first or maybe NOT ;)

Comments

sewphie said…
I love happy accidents- the free you up a bit I find. I remember one of my art teachers encouraging us to mess up a page before starting to draw so we would be less 'precious'
I like this eye a lot.
jafabrit said…
thanks daisy :) sewphie, sounds like you had a good art teacher. Getting too precious with our work can be a real danger.

Popular Posts