Yit be his feiris he wald haue fukkit:

Oh naughty! naughty!  and this Scottish poet has the dubious distinction of being the first to publish the "word" in his, William Dunbar, poem "Brash of Wowing" back in 1503. 
I bring this up because it seems Cauchy's guest post at whipup about her "give a F*ck" project has some in a flap.  It's not so much that others don't have a right to be offended and say so, it's the insults, presumptions and vitriolic pouting. Ah, the power of words, eh!

Here is another example of the use of the word  incorporated into textile art, only it was in morse code. It was done by a soldier in a Nazi prison camp and it must have given the prisoners a real chuckle to see it displayed in camps for several years and the German guards never noticed.
And before you get your knickers in a twist with umbrage, this is a REAL name of a village in Austria.

It's not my favourite word. If I do swear I tend to resort to British one's that many Americans seem to find rather quaint as I mumble in my Queen's English, ahem ;) 


In the Studio
I continue to add elements to my doodlecloth, experimenting with stitches, etc. Who knows, I may add a naughty word if the mood strikes :)


Warning: Don't watch British video if you are easily offended. 


Comments

deb said…
LOVE :)
cauchy09 said…
I think it was finding the prisoner stitchery that made me dig in my heels on this project. He was quite brave to express himself at all and its heartening to know it was textiles that allowed him to speak.

Popular Posts