As you sew so shall you reap or is it

so shall you rip.
 Anybody that sews can relate to that horrid moment when you have to rip every blasted stitch out, grrrrrr.  Thankfully since this is my doodlecloth for 2012, I don't have to worry about it, I can mess it up and experiment and just play.
Saw a beautiful feather in a National Geographic Magazine, and wanted to experiment and see if I could do an hand stitched version.  I also used a wee bit acrylic colour wash on it to blur the lines between colours.



Comments

Petrena said…
Gosh, CB...it's so pretty!
Pleeeez don't rip him out!

(For a minute, I thought you were submitting a feather for Jude's feather project...)

Oh, btw, I love Hockney, too. Always have.
Haven't read the articles yet (supposed to be doing laundry and sewing-for-the-kid. Whoops. :-)
But I thought it was interesting that he went back to England. He was in L.A. for quite a while, wasn't he?

Oh, and I found this and thought it was hilarious...
'You haven't had enough caffeine until you can thread a sewing machine needle while it's running.'
(that Jeff Brazos guy. What a commodian.)

XOXOXO and Happy Monday!
jafabrit said…
lol, that's too funny Petrena, thanks for stopping by. Oh, I won't be ripping anything out, promise.
jafabrit said…
and Happy Monday to you too :)
Jennibellie said…
Oh fantastic!! This is stunning. Doodle cloth what a fab idea, I do some but in truth am a little scared of sewing - but on something you simply can't mess up? Awesome idea :) x
leanne pizio said…
beautiful feather! can't wait to see the 2012 doddle cloth in December. It is going to be fantastic!
Snail Cloth said…
This is a beautiful feather. Great idea to blend the colors with paint. Keep pushing it further in experimenting. I like the graffiti aspect to your doddle cloth.

I also enjoyed the laugh from Petrena. Thank you.
deb said…
yes - blending with paint - brilliant - but I already knew that about you!

Popular Posts