sick as a soggy chip BUT

I've managed to finish a little embroidery piece that was easy to pick up and put down. I started it before going to Puerto Rico. I sewed on the plane, in the airport, by the hotel lake, and finally over the holidays.
I will print out pics and add to my travel journal. It's based on my sketchbook doodle of a hand of fatima I designed and then elaborated on.  
 How to Keep a Travel Journal
Mine isn't really very fancy or meant to be of interest to others, but I find it very useful when it's time to name photographs/places, or remember what I might need or don't need if I ever go back to the same place.  I don't carry it around, but rather do what they suggest in the link above. I write notes on bits of paper, grab brochures or biz cards, and in those quiet moments in a hotel room update the journal. Flipping through the journal is also a fun reminder of the trip.
So I have two reminders, my book and my embroidery which brings up nice memories of quiet moments by the pond with the birds.



grumpy green heron

Comments

deb said…
fell better! and as always I LOVE the work!!

Popular Posts