Shadows and Inspiration

I love walking past this garden, especially when there are beautiful shadows on the gorgeous blue wall.

My fascination with shadows goes back a long way it seems. I remember my first oil painting class with Marie Linnekin and we had to do a still life study. I was fascinated with the shadows and all the other objects seemed to become secondary.


There are a lot of things that inspire us, but I've learned that depending on it to create is a big mistake.
Chuck Close said don't "wait around for inspiration...all the best ideas come out of the work itself. If you're sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there for a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction."

I have to admit I have fallen prey to creativity destroyer number one, but erm! well I have been rather obsessed with embroidery for a couple of years ;)

Shadows
I wonder where it will lead today creatively?
Meanwhile I will leave you with this.



Comments

Casey Klahn said…
This reverberates with me, and very well blogged, Corrine. The Chuck Close quote is a keeper.

Popular Posts