Rejection


I entered a juried embroidery show and was rejected. I have to say the rejection email was pure class, they were very nice and I do wish them the best with their show. Still I got the email and felt that sting of disappointment. I thought, "well, I'll just have to work harder". I realized that seemed silly since I already work hard. 
So I stitched and bitched and got it out of my system and
I really like the results lol!

Here is an excellent article about dealing with rejection by Joanne Mattera.


Comments

Megan H Carroll said…
yes that hurts... and sometimes we'll never know why, sometimes it is purely subjective... my husbad goes through the same thing with his manuscripts.
jafabrit said…
yes, having juried shows myself, I have been on both ends.
Sarah Hemm said…
It just depends on the juror, remember that! I've gotten rejected LOTS. And have been on both ends. Your work is amazing because you stay true to who you are.
jafabrit said…
thanks Sarah.
Petrena said…
well, there's no accounting for taste (as they say...)
:-)
i'm totally in awe of your stuff, personally...i love its quixotic lightheartedness. as well as your technical ability.
it'll be interesting for you to see what DID 'make it in' when they've hung the show...maybe it'll all be Thomas Kincade-y or somesuch.
and you'll be gladddddddd.
Anonymous said…
Haha, love thsi piece of work! Absolutely love it. I took some of my pieces to a shop to see if they wanted to stock them yesterday and the woman said that they didn't quite "fit" her current range. The reality is - they didn't. But teh sting was stingy. Fact is that unconventinal minds don't always fit into conventional slots. I love this piece so much. I would hang it on my kitchen wall!! Brilliant.

Popular Posts