milagros and huichol yarn painting


I have always loved Milagros and wanted to make a little spuggy. After embossing it I wiped a coat of black acrylic over it and will seal it with shellac.
 From Avia Venefica's site explaining the
 symbolism of the Sparrow:

"She is a master of flight, and camouflage, and as such the Sparrow teaches us to use our creativity to get around in life - think outside the box, and be creative in solving our problems."

Links

I signed up for a  Huichol Yarn painting workshop that's coming to town & I'm really excited about it. I saw a huge exhibit in New Jersey and it was a mixture of beads and yarn, and GORGEOUS.
Here are some examples of Yarn Painting on this video.

Comments

Leanne Pizio said…
Hey Jafa!
I have so missed coming by to see you and your work. Fabulous as always!
I have the cup and saucer you asked for so long ago. I have been meaning to send it your way but have lost your addy. Send it to me by email and your teacup will be on its way to you.:)

Popular Posts