Thrifty Finds


I love it when I come across vintage goodies at garage sales. Found this vintage Rorstrand ovenware from Sweden and this Vintage Couroc of Monterey Owl Tray. 
UPDATE: the Rorstrand Museum just let me know that it was made at their factory in Lidkoping between 1965-1979 and designed by Marianne Westman


about couroc

Meanwhile back in the village, the sun was shining and I couldn't resist taking a pic of the flowers in the Art Park with the Jafaworkz Art Panels in the background.



I was so bummed we couldn't hang Pierre's Panel (err, coz he painted it the wrong way), BUT lucky me, he said I could have it.


It's currently on display in Brother Bears, but I still plan to find a home for it, although I have a selfish desire to KEEP it for ME.

Comments

Casey Klahn said…
Now, what will you cook in these fancy crocks? I am a much better consumer than I am a cook, unfortunately.
jafabrit said…
I think a morrocan chicken dish Casey :)
Anonymous said…
Oooo...got a good recipe?
Sounds yummy! (Like that beautiful
casserole (?)) Think it's hand painted? Kinda looks like brushwork down there around the bottom...
Treena
jafabrit said…
I think it is handpainted, but I can't seem to find ANY other rorstrand casseraole dishes like it (similar shapes, but not design).

oh, good recipe's, mostly curries of some kind though.

Popular Posts