ZenEgg Heads and Zen Stitching

AND all things Zen
What is Zen
ZenDoodle, ZenArt, ZenPainting, ZenDrawing, ZenBroidery
 Zen and the Arts

Some of us call it creating "in the zone", that place where we become completely  focused and absorbed in the moment and the process.

That's what happened when I started doing eggheads. No idea what I was going to paint or do, just started playing. Before I knew it I'd been in the studio 3 hours.
In 2009 Time Article reported on a study published in Applied Cognitive Psychology showing that Doodling Helps You Pay Attention. Psychologist Jackie Andrade explains why it aids memory. 

ZenStitching
In the background you can see part of an  embroidery  QR Code I'm working on for my graffiti girl piece. I really go into a meditative state when embroidering, fully in the moment and enjoying each stitch. I found this interesting book (Sewing...The Alternative Yoga) that talks about the health benefits of meditative practices, such as sewing.

Comments

RPLancaster said…
Your egg art is really cool! I'd love to see reactions to these in an Easter Basket.
Did you use real eggs and did you blow them out? Inquiring minds want to know:)


Paulette
Teresa said…
Love the eggs!

Have you heard of Zentangle?
http://www.zentangle.com/index.php
jafabrit said…
not real eggs Paulette, they are cardboard one's I painted.

Hiay Teresa,
Oh yes, a fancy smansy way of saying doodling :) We used to do this type of doodling back in the late 60's and 70's.
Anonymous said…
I'm feeling your Zen and loving your attitude. So many different art forms can instill Zen. It can't be taught..it comes from within and found in so many ways.

p.s... thanks for your comments on my blog. Much appreciated!

Popular Posts