Pierre-Paul Prud'hon-NOT



But how I try!
Somehow I've managed to make my model look like the actor Patrick Stewart.
This is from a 2 1/2 hour pose, conte crayon on toned paper.  I am liking the longer poses much better, and being with other artists, who like me, are there to practice, practice and practice.
If you haven't seen Prud'hon's drawings, oh they are just absolutely amazing!
I am lucky to have the book Language of the Body: Drawings by Pierre-Paul Prud'hon. I say lucky because I didn't pay half as much as what they are asking now (eek).
The delicacy of line, modeling makes me drool and aspire to keep trying.


Comments

deb said…
I tell my drawing students all the time, you will never be content with the way you draw and if you are you are too complacent!! I am so rusty, last week I drew with the students, good thing they are only freshmen!!!! I love the subtle tone of your drawing, although I think they always look better in person, the personal calligraphy of the line never transmits well electronically

Popular Posts