The Art of Meandering and Shiny Pretty Things

It's true, I meander something rotten. I love exploring the world around me, even the seemingly mundane. Often there is a hidden beauty in things, or they spark some creative imaginings. Check out how a painted circle on a road led Alisa Burke to create this I have to think all my meandering will end up in my art somehow.

I am so happy my painting "dig freedom" found a home. Yes! looks familiar!



It's the same girl that I am using for my embroidery.


"shiny pretty things"

I changed the way the beads were hung. The jet teardrop beads are meant to represent bombs dropping. I think visually and conceptually I am much happier with how they are hung now than before. The concept is how children often mistake cluster bombs for toys. I am happy to see that now the  Worldwide Cluster-Bomb Ban Comes Into Force.
Unfortunately there are thousands of unexploded bomblets leaving a "long-term legacy of explosive contamination."


Comments

deb said…
I do like the coloured thread attaching the figure to the background, it is subtle and adds just enough definition in my humble opinion!! Speaking of meandering, I have been thinking about you this weekend as I was both embroidering and making curry in a pyrex dish that looks remarkably like yours except it is rusty orange... the universe is an uncanny place!!
jafabrit said…
LOL Deb the universe sure is uncanny, guess what I am making tonight, YES curry and in my pyrex dish.
You are my curry pyrex dish sister huh!
jafabrit said…
Thanks for your input about my embroidery piece, I appreciate it.
Colette Amelia said…
you are the master of taking the scary or ugly and making it thought provoking or whimsical and always you get me thinking!

Popular Posts