Embroidery: WIP

As the baby lay in the Sanatorium nursery her mother's lungs healed from tb. The sun shone but it didn't smile on the baby for there was a darkness lurking and it was evil.

Even though I am randomly adding bits and pieces it still doesn't have the freedom I want. Perhaps I just have to let it be what it is.
I am treating this is a sampler where I can explore stitches and ideas.
The sun is satin stitch.
Just an added note: these are my OWN embroidery designs and copyrighted

A Rare moment of creativity with Ceramics
and I am thinking my little birdy may end up on the embroidery piece somewhere.
I did this small tile for the John Bryan Community Mural Project a couple of years ago.

Comments

Lady P said…
That birdie should totally go on some other art work - and I adore the story of your and all of your purple that you left at my blog - I remember very fondly, the Mary Quant makeup - as I read the list of lovelies that were so important to you at that time, I was right there, imagining it all again with you and smiling...
Penny said…
great work of art! thanks for sharing this to your readers..Have you tried embroidery digitizing?
jafabrit said…
thanks for dropping by Penny. I looked at the digitized embroidery and it is beautiful looking but it requires a machine. It is the meditative quality of hand sewing I enjoy and an important part of the process for me as an artist.

I saw Bonnie and Clyde Lady P and wanted so bad to look like Faye Dunnaway in her Beret. The Mary Quant was very BIG in London in the late sixties and LOVED it.

Popular Posts