K is for Knitting (of course)

Knit & Textile Graffiti for Elaine's bench by the JafagirlsCorry Street, Yellow Springs, Ohio
Nancy did the felt flowers and I did the knitting.
Took us 2 hours to assemble it and during that time we had a lot of folks drop by and ask us about it, share their thoughts and thank us.
Talking to people and seeing their smiles was wonderful.
alphabet soup series K


This is our contribution to grrl+dog (k)nit up


SHE SPUN A YARN
and what a delightful yarn it is too, called "I knit, therefore I am" on a blog called Calamity Kim.
Check it out, she has managed to weave a lot of wonderful knitted images into the story.

Textile Graffiti
Oh and you just have to check out these cool "deeply superficial people" .
They do some really fun, interesting work.
It would be great if a video camera was located near the hand
and see if anyone gives the hand a high five.
Woo Hoo!

Comments

Leanne Pizio said…
Oh! It is simply wonderful!
Love it!
You go Grrls!
Anonymous said…
I love the knitting on the worn bench - what a punch of color. It has to stop people in their tracks...

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I really liked the knitted watering cans too.

Thanks for the info about the bar codes too!
Lana Gramlich said…
I love the hand--thanks for the link over there.
Great job on the bench knitting. I bet it's SO much more comfortable now!
I love it LOVE IT!!!!! You all crack me up. Love the felted flowers too. If these spring up in DC I will know you have been here:):):)
Shupe said…
"garrrrrrrrgous" darling!
Undaunted said…
Wow, you made that old bench look so pretty! I think you should cover the rest of it now as well! :D

That's great that you had people stop to talk to you. I've said it so many times efore, but I'm sure you live on another planet! In my world people even steal your snowman!!
jafabrit said…
undaunted, I doubt I would have been able to do this on the housing estate up north. Yep even a snowman would get stolen there too, arg!

thanks everyone for stopping by, I am glad you all like it :)
Dave Robertson said…
Textile graffiti gets my vote for coolest craft idea of the day! :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Popular Posts