SKull Art: Homage to Basquiat


Method: Adobe Photoshop

I can't really get into painting because I'm gearing up for art stroll night (jafagirl demo for free art friday and chamberpot gallery opening), so I have been playing with ideas for paintings using adobe photoshop. Basquiat is one of my favourite artists, I think because I like the raw quality of the work, the meaning behind it and the colours.
I saw the movie ( David Bowie was brilliant as Warhol) and while the movie was really good , the book Basquiat: A Quick Killing in Art gives an excellent insight into the art market of the time, and a broader picture of who Basquiat was. To see some of his work the Brooklyn Museum website has a great site.

"I don't listen to what art critics say.
I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is."






Comments

MARGARET FIELD said…
loving this
Margot Potter said…
Oh Corrine

I love this! You're endlessly inspirational...and you're a cheeky little monkey to boot!

xoxo
Margot
That movie looks cool! I'd lke to see it!
Very cool!!! I need to get photoshop!

Love Margaret's avatar! HA!
Dithi said…
fantastic! I love your style, the patterns, colour combinations and the complexity of design.
andrea said…
Greta piece Corine! I love Basquiat, too. The primal quality of his art is really compelling.
L.M.Noonan said…
Yes, I think this is a really interesting idea, I love this and the last skull image. I have that Basquiate dvd and I've been a fan of his work. I haven't been fortunate enough to see the real thing (artworks)yet.

Popular Posts