Las Vegas






Info about the Light Show

photos and video by c.bayrak

Comments

I love that 2nd pic! :D
Undaunted said…
Ooh, I love the first one! It would make a beautiful background for a painting! Actually, it looks like the sort of thing that Rosa would paint!
MARGARET FIELD said…
wow, wow, wow, fantastic
MadSilence said…
Beautiful light show. I guess one day I'll have to visit Las Vegas.

Have you seen this post at the NY Public Library blog?

http://www.nypl.org/blogs/2008/03/21/knitted-trees

Enjoy

MadSilence
Very cool images. Did you visit the light show? Thanks for your last post on my blog. Beasts can be fun.
You've been tagged!

SIX WORD MEMOIR:
Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir.
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
6) Have fun!!
Heather said…
Wow these are great pic's. No wonder we are all worried about global warming...I think Vegas must lead the pack in useless waste of energy, but gee...them lights sure are purtty!
jafabrit said…
I can't decide which pics I like lone beader, so much of the light show was cool to photograph. Will work on the SIX WORD MEMOIR but it won't be easy (despite the reputation for being gobby)

lol madsilence for the NY public library link, will have to show the arts council. They will get a boost from it.

yes hmbt, the same thoughts came to mind and we wondered if they use most of the power coming from hoover dam.

hiay bill, we just got to the street when they started the light show. It was a very smart marketing move to put it in, as it saved that section of the strip.

For some reason undaunted, there wasn't much in Vegas that consciously inspired me (well the carpets lol). I loved the light show and I think you are right about the first one.

I know isn't it cool Margaret. I would have loved to hang around more but in between shows you either, shop or gamble, not much in the way of outside seating.
MARGARET FIELD said…
There's something waiting for you on my blog.
lol
Unknown said…
JB, that light show was amazing and inspiring! I'm off to the computer, right now.

Oh, wait -- I'm already here...

BTW, LOVE your stone rock faces!
I've seen this light show before when I was in L.V. It blew my mind especially since I was rolling on ecstasy at the time.

BTW, I'd love to hear your impressions of my new work in progress titled, "Paranoia."

Here's the link.
jafabrit said…
That must have really been some experience James, talk about psychedelic.

Now why am I surprised you LOVED the imagery wj lol! It's right up your alley.
Robin said…
Those are some very cool pictures. I'm going to Vegas in October and I'll be sure to look that place up!

Robin

Popular Posts