Blither Blather Bother

Blither
Blithering on seems to be my thing lately, but Jean Yates at Snap out of it Jean! There's BEADING to be Done did ask me to do an interview. How could I say no, she is one of my fave bloggers, and it was a honor to be asked. I know many people are probably sick of reading about me, but what I found interesting is how different interviewer questions exposes another facet of a person's character and life. Kind of weird seeing your life up there in print though. Thank you for inviting me to participate in your interview series.

I found, in the process of trying to find something to describe my creative side, a great site by Robert Alan Black talking about 32 Traits of Creative people. I found #5 tolerant of ambiguity really interesting, because there are many who just see things in black & white and find my acceptance of ambiguity quite maddening. How about you, is there one trait that resonates with you the most?


Blather
ChamberPot Gallery
"Commodus"
Print on Canvas based on an original painting
24" x 36

Jafabrit's Brain Ticking
Hum, how to name the painting. Has to relate to the theme "beasts in the bathroom" for the June opening exhibit. Who was a beast in Roman times. Ah, yes! commodus, and it sounds like commode (I didn't realize it is pronounced comm o dus NOT commode us). Ah, his name sounds like a loo, a commode, how cool, will work perfectly (well commode does derive from Latin L commodus convenient).
How do the flowers fit it, hum, well he liked be seen one way when really he was quite a BEAST behind the facade.

Bother
I don't know what's the matter with me, but I just can't seem to be bothered to get my backside into the studio...... I am going to use one of Margot's great words, ShiPoopy. I am having shipoopy days.
BeGone Shipoopy Mood
I curse ye and challenge ye to desert your mistress
she has bloody art to do

Comments

Anonymous said…
Terrific interview - if you open the "Hairy Palace", I might be inclined to take a road trip!
Anonymous said…
I think you need to learn more about shipoopi.
jafabrit said…
LOL Mark, my husband has himself a shipoopy, LOVE it. Thanks for the link.

Cynthia, wouldn't it be a riot, my friend and I have had all sorts of fun with the idea of a gallery called that.
Anonymous said…
Um, before you do, I think you should know that in the U.S., Meredith Wilson songs have all the caché of Gilbert & Sullivan back in Jafabritland. I think you also need to hear that song actually being sung, ideally by Buddy Hackett who did it in The Music Man.
jafabrit said…
buddy hacket, my god that is going back a bit Mark! :)
I like what you said (in the interview) about learning to enjoy the creative process for itself and not worrying about the end product. That's what I do! :D
Lynda Lehmann said…
Congrats on your interview! I'll have to go read it.

I personally LOVE ambiguity! It's what fascinates me about abstract art and double meanings in words!

I've felt shipoopy many times, and if I just force myself to keep going, the more positive creative drives usually take over.

For you I wish: "Shipoopy, commence to be gone!"
Undaunted said…
I shall have to read your interview too.

I looked at those 32 traits - I'm no. 3 and 11. Not a good combination - I'm aware that I have a destiny but I spend too much time day dreaming about it instead of striving to reach it!
Kim said…
great interview Corrine...
fresh ...honest...courageous and
and a fascinating read ....
in some ways reading between the lines is a great way to appreciate a fellow artist's work....
I have to say that # 9 rings true for me ... question asker is more me tham me....a great list overall and I found myself nodding in agreement to quite a few traits :)
Kim said…
oops meant more me "than" me !!
Janets Planet said…
That was a good interview. I like how it pulled so much together and gave a more complete picture of who you are.

Hairy Art Palace? With the current beard trend, now just might be the time. :-)
jafabrit said…
Kim, #9 Questioning has gotten me into a trouble a few times lol!

Hiay Lynda, it is a grotty wet day but I don't feel quite as shipoopy :)

Yes undaunted, I relate to that.how many times I heard stop daydreaming corrine.
chaetoons said…
Good Mornin' Jafa
Love your column. Ambiguity is good. Means you see many sides of an issue.
And as usual, the words you come up with fascinate me! Shipoopy. I think many of us have felt that way this winter: Jan to March.
At least, in reading blogs, i've been catching reactive moods to the ones i've been fighting all winter!
Shahala days are right around the corner tho. The sun's shining, snow's melting and birdsong fills the air.
Hugs
Chae
Unknown said…
Thank you for your kind comments and insight as always.
Artist to artist always seem to -get it-

I Wish You well as always
P&H
Margot Potter said…
I'm thinking it's high time we flushed that shipoopy down the can! I'm game if you are...

My muse has also gone on holiday, but she'd best get back asap because I've got a book to finish!

Egads!

xoxo
Madge
MARGARET FIELD said…
you always manage to make me laugh. thankyou
I related to #5 too.
Genxster said…
That was a great interview. I read it twice. You inspire me so much. Okay, gushing over...Why do I now have this image of Buddy Hacket dancing at the "Hairy Palace?"
San said…
Way to go on the interview, Corrine!

As to your question about which "creativity trait" resonates: I would second your affinity for ambiguity. Also synthesis--seeing the big picture--that rings a bell for me.

Commodus--conveniently duplicitous.

Popular Posts