Art Awards, and Find Art Fridays

Art Award
Well this came as a HUGE surprise, and a lovely one too, from the Colorist and frankly I am blushing! I got an Art Medal, plus a citation that you can read at Casey's Blog. I hope I will continue to do it justice. YEEEEEEEEEEEE hawwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Art Stuff

Been busy working on a few "Find Art Fridays" art pieces. This one was so quick and simple to do. I just painted a small canvas board red, used a heart doily and sprayed painted with black paint. I then glued an old piece of a bracelet on the center. I will be using a heavy duty velcro to hang this up somewhere in town.

Another Award

I will have to make a shelf for all these wonderful awards, but oh don't we need a little sunshine (well in these parts we do lol). Kim sent me this because I seem to be exuding sunshine.

Sketchbook Page
Ah those pesky monkeys of temptation, curses. Here I am still trying to stick to my plan,but there was that Mango Bubble Tea Smoothie at the Asian Cafe and Samoosa's at the Indian Grocery Store. DRAT!!!!!!!

Comments

Kim said…
wow ...nice art medal Corrine !!!
love the heart...and how you explained the process...
you and Kris are certainly the heart queens...

great monkey ..reminds me of the Yellow Brick Road....
Mango Bubble Tea Smoothie sounds exotic...
I hope your talk went well :)
Susie Q said…
Oh such great awards and so richly deserved. I am so slow playing catch up (and will head over to the Cafe Press)
I have had the lovely stomach virus that has been floating around in the wind. Knocked me flat. So, still weak and still yucks, I am playing catch up. : )
I have so loved doing so...

Will be back later!

Hugs,
Sue
Congrats!!! The medal is cool!
Shez said…
Great awards Corrine and I too believe well deserved. You're always there, with something lovely to say. Love the heart. I should start doing something like that around my area. Do you ever get any word back from someone who found it???
I'm still playing catchup too.
Love your new look and your Valentine
Poster/Cards are wonderful.
Ta for now
Shez
Thorngren said…
Congrats on a well deserved award. What a nice write up about your work too.
Can't wait to move to Yellow Springs in June.
Andrea and Kim said…
Absolutely well deserved awards! AwardS...two in one day! How lovely is that?

I would love to live in your town so I could find some of your wonderful art! Great program you have going there!

Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Well congrats on the medal although I'm fiercely tempted to draw a mustache on it! Duchamp, L.H.O.O.Q., etc.

Have a bubble tea on us. One of our favorite bubble tea providers: Saint's Alp Teahouse
http://www.saints-alp.com.hk/

There are several in NYC.

Enjoy. MadSilence
Kris Cahill said…
Congratulations, Corinne, on your newest awards. You are so funny, "because I seem to be exuding sunshine..." You deserve awards for your art, it is fabulous.

I can definitely be tempted by Samosas, love them!
Lynette said…
Congratulations on your awards Corinne and I love that Valentine!
Unknown said…
Congrats on winning the art merit medal the other day. The tribe and I were late to the ceremony, but still managed a rousing round of ovation.
Kirsten Ashley said…
Congrats on the awards.
And I must say I love your doily painting. Of course, anything remotely frilly or Victorian looking is a win for me.
Yoolees said…
Something's waiting for you in my blog. Check it out at Space of Reality See you there :D

Hye

Popular Posts