Glittery Things

Jafa likes heartsAcrylic and glitter on mdf and coated with resin

Well I am not the queen of sparkle, that title belongs to margot potter, but I do like a bit sparkle. Ever since another artist told me he saw NO redeeming qualities using glitter in art and would never use it or teach his art students to use it I have been on a mission.

I found some lovely artwork by New Zealand born artist Daniel Mounsey that incorporates glitter very effectively.

Please, I beg you, don't say velvet has no redeeming qualities or I will be buying yards of the stuff lol!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I absolutely LOVE Margot's work Corrine! A glitter fan I am. Ohhh and hearts... ohhh I love hearts! You have wonderful taste! I just love your doll, hearts and glitter. I am always in awe of your works! I love the heart! No pune intended! :) *HUGS*
jafabrit said…
thanks Angela, I enjoy doing the heart paintings because they are like hand sewing, predictable and soothing, and nice results.
L.M.Noonan said…
I'm relieved to see that it's not a plump pink heart. It's hard to see the glitter in this rather sophisticated pointed, dark heart.
Speaking of velvet- there's something rather beautiful about those black velvet cushions with the painted scenes, you know from the 50's and 60's. There's a painter, Alejandro Colunga whose work reminds me of them. I think it might be interesting to paint on the stuff.
jafabrit said…
noonan I have never heard of Alejandro Colunga but I had a peek at his work and,well, it is MY cup of tea. Thanks for directing me to his work.
I agree about the painted scenes from the 50's. I had a friend that painted on velvet, but I never got around to trying it. Maybe that should be a shared blog project in the near future, just for fun.
Margot Potter said…
Oh Jafabrit

I love it!

Shine on, sista!

xoxo
Madge
Anonymous said…
Oh I love your dark heart...
It is deliciously mysterious and such a lovely accompaniment to your darling doll.

I'm rather partial to velvet...
I could see you doing something diabolical with it...

Sparkle on Margot!!

xoxoxo

Popular Posts