Black and White Photography

"Claire"


Comments

Spoon of life said…
LOVE IT!!!
Ah, this little diametrically opposite in appearance Claire, likes it very much.
Moody and contemplative...
ApOgEE said…
Nice! Are you darken the image on purpose?
Anonymous said…
Great picture and I haven't listened to that song in ages. Thank you for that, it really brightened up my Monday morning.
jafabrit said…
thanks maria, minx, glad you liked the song too seb. Eva Cassidy is one of my daughter's favourite singers Seb, glad you liked it.
I darkened it a wee bit apogee as I wanted to highlight her cheeks and her hands.
Kim said…
The image is stunning. I adore black and white photography. Thanks for a lovely start to the day.
She looks like a movie star:)
dinahmow said…
Nice work;it reminds me of those stark fashion shots the French were so good at in the 50s when camera work was an art.
jafabrit said…
I am really chuffed you said than Dinah because that was the look I wanted. Pulling it off was a lucky shot :) Thanks Kim, of course my daughter is my favourite subject and very photogenic :)
Lone beader you made my daughters day when she read my blog today.
Cynthia said…
Your daughter is gorgeous as is the photograph!
Susie Q said…
Oh my bejeebers this is stunning.
Just gorgeous. It is truly a work of art...much like the lady herself.

Okay, once again I am awestruck. You amaze me.

Hugs,
Sue
Janets Planet said…
Lovely.
Anonymous said…
Love your site, have a plate of kippers on me, do you miss the fog on the tyne?

Geordie
jafabrit said…
Will do Geordie with the kippers, YUM! Why eye man, miss the fog, the wild coastline, holy island, and walking the moors like a brooding woman :)

thanks susie, jan. My darling girl is moving and while I am excited for her and wouldn't have it any other way, my heart aches just as it does daily for my mum and sis across the ocean. Such is life!
Beautiful photo and subject. It is bitter, sweet when they move away.
Sherry
Anonymous said…
Wonderful photo! I hadn't heard that version of "Time After Time" before. I've only heard Cyndi Lauper's version of it. Great song! *HUGS*
jafabrit said…
Angela, I love Cyndie Lauper's version too :) Thanks Sherry, you are right about that.
L.M.Noonan said…
I'm tempted to bail before adding to this swag of well deserved comments. This photo is worth of inclusion to one of those fabulous heavy photgraphy tomes. A large, expensive book. I am gobsmacked by it and her beauty. Get this one printed LARGE.
jafabrit said…
wow, thanks noonan. Yes a large large painting would be kind of cool huh! Will have to think about that.
SuzySnoo said…
brilliant photo jafabrit!!
jafabrit said…
thanks snoo :)
Steppen Wolf said…
Fascinating!!

Popular Posts