sketchbook: doodles

There's that bird again LOL! I used to see Deborah Donelson's work a lot when I lived in Maryland (Baltimore was her home at the time) and really loved exploring the many layers of her paintings, and her drawing. I picked up this card of a painting called "Artemis"at one of her shows in the Gomez Gallery. I was so inspired by her work and wanted an example in my sketchbook. I often like to glue an image into my sketchbook and then see where it takes me.

Talking about Birds, how about thieving Birds: I LOVE this bbc story, a seagull turned shoplifter caught on tape.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that you use birds in your work Corrine! Your art is always wonderful to see! When I visit your blog, I know that I will see something new and creative from you! *HUGS*
Janets Planet said…
That is funny about the seagull.

I noticed the bird in your sketch right away.
L.M.Noonan said…
Everybody knows you CAN"T stop at one chip. Not possible, must eat entire packet.
I also stick other stists work in my journals to jog my memory and be inspired over and over.
Oh I do love Spuggy and his comical and pertinent appearances throughout your work.
Artemis is divine!!!

Popular Posts