graffiti granny strikes again



Only on wood safe in her studio :) Okay, so technically I ain't a granny, but it sounded good. It's interesting to see how work evolves and what seems to be evolving as a theme for my show is capturing fragments of life (patches in a quilt, patches of kids work, bits and pieces put together to make a whole). The graffiti panel above fits into that as it is a collection of fragments of my own work and found images/objects and text put into a new context. Sorry about the quality of the photograph (old crappy camera). I haven't quite finished with this piece yet. I will add a doorway on the chest area and inside will be an image. I also need to attach the Mexican tin hand on the left hand side. Once that is done the panel will be covered with resin.

QUESTION: What do you imagine is inside the door on the painting?

Would any of you be interested in voting for me on the Saatchi Showdown here.
If you did, thankyou :) from a grateful spuggy.

Saying of the Day Why is the word abbreviation so long?

A Groaner
Why are vampires artistic?
They're good at drawing blood.

Comments

Cynthia said…
I thought maybe you were fessing up that you are indeed a granny...

I voted 10 out of 10! - good luck

harhar on the vampire joke. I'll share this one with daughter.
You got my 10 out of 10 also. Really nice work ... you have the creative juices flowing lately.
Philip said…
Happy to vote for you!

In the door - a bag of frozen chips perhaps (the thick chunky ones)lol!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Jafabrit
Happy Birthday to you!!
xxx

I love what you have done with your gorgeous son!!
Absolutely wow!!
All your work on the wood is brilliant!!

Have a great day - with your new camera????
xx
Shez said…
Like your work with that good looking son of yours.
Will head over to the Gallery and vote.
Wanted to Wish You a Happy Birthday Corrine, and a great year ahead. Hope you got your camera. Here's to you "Clink" Jaffa Girl!!!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful work!I love this piece! I am very interested to see what other works you make using this theme. :) FUN FUN FUN!
*HUGS*
jafabrit said…
thanks everyone :)

my son did like going to the chippy in England Philip :)

Had a LUVERLY birthday and Yes!!!! I got a new camera :) charging up right now.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.
Anonymous said…
I didn't realize that it was your birthday! How kewl. What day is your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday!
jafabrit said…
hiay angela, my birthday was saturday the 21st april :) and I bought myself a present, some fabu art cards from this artist on etsy, err name is, let me see, yes, ANGELA LOL!
Cynthia said…
Oh gee, I knew you mentioned that your birthday was coming up and I missed it. "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Jafabrit, Happy Birthday to you...And many more..."
jafabrit said…
thanks cynthia :)
Lynette said…
I voted on the 10th star (hope I did that right)...whoa J.B. that is just an awesome work, love your creativity!!
Happy Belated Birthday J.B...wooohooo a new camera for a present, that's fantastic!!
Lynette said…
I also laughed at the vampire joke! :D
Janets Planet said…
I went to vote and I got a popup saying I am too early today. What's up with that?

BTW - belated Happy Birthday!
jafabrit said…
hiay jan, thanks for trying. It i 11am and it seems to be okay at the moment. Not sure why it would do that to you. Oh well!

thanks for the votes everyone :)
Janets Planet said…
Duh. The pop up says it opens 30 04 07 at 9AM GMT. Guess I dont know what day it is. Dont know why I cant vote now like the others have been.
jafabrit said…
jan, I found out the voting is over. But I appreciate everyone trying or voting when they could.

Popular Posts