Sketchbook:playground


I had already done the page on the left cataloging the painting I had started for the Chamberpot Gallery and the colour mix I used. Next page I just wanted to play. I randomly cut some things out of my ArtForum magazine to do some collage and then paint around. The center piece and the bird set the tone on how the page would evolve. When I had finished I decided to see if I could integrate the two pages, so I extended the blue into the second page, and collaged some of the red into the first page. It seems I have, without planning it, painted the cycle of life of a spuggy-moi. LOL! But then little bits of us always creeps into our art some way or another.
Currently NOT reading, but listening to:
"The Religion" by Tim Willocks
One of my fave blogs to visit is the Book Nook by Vick Mickunas. He had mentioned audio books and spoke about Tim Willocks book. I have never tried audio books before as I thought I wouldn't like them. Vick was kind enough to loan me his and I am really enjoyint it so far.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I really like the colours you have used in the second page :-)
Anonymous said…
Great work! I love it all and the combination of the two pages...slowly becoming one...really is outstanding girl!
Dr.John said…
Your art a;ways suprises me.
Cynthia said…
One of these days I'm going to work out with my sketchbook too. Yours is always so freaking inspiring.

I do like to think that I'm adding a little bit of me (and my energy)to my work.

I have recently started saving podcasts to my ipod and listen to all sorts of stuff when I'm walking or even working in my studio.
Janets Planet said…
I really should keep a sketchbook -- one that I have ready access to.
Nice post ... always inspiring.

Love the story and painting of Happy Feet. How cool is that. Congratulation's on the anniversary. My husband now says, after many years of marriage, that our marriage is just an endurance contest ... now wonder what he means by that *wink*
Heather said…
I really love the sketchbook...inspired me to take mine back out and take a look at it with fresh eyes. Your art is always doing that to me...making me look into things again...I love that! So, I have not been in my book for about 9 months and now it rests on the studio counter, in the way, so I can't forget about it...I am going to try to do a little something in it for me every day for a week...how fun...and see how that makes me feel. Thanks for the inspiration...as always!
jafabrit said…
I had neglected my sketchbook last year and decided I wasn't going to this year. It is always fun to go through your old sketchbooks, don't you think?
I am glad I always surprise you dr.john :)
nancy, I wonder what your husband means ;) LOL!
Thanks hmbt. That's the wonderful thing about a blog, sharing and inspiring and being inspired.
oh. SPUGGY!

Popular Posts