Sketchbook Drawing of Mask

A wooden mask from Peru.
It is amazing how quickly I got out of the habit of drawing, so it was nice to just sit quietly and take all the time I needed to draw.
I have so many projects that I realized I just have to take one day at a time and not stress. Last attempt to work in my sketchbook I rushed it.
I have the Queen Vic gig next weekend and have to sit in the window at the Emporium and make ornaments. I am working on a new website for the arts council (more on that later).

"Big Brother"
This is oil on canvas with a canvas patch sewn into it. Currently this is being exhibited at the Emporium Cafe in Yellow Springs until the end of November.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know what you mean about sketching...it's not something I do nearly enough of. If I devoted the same amount of time everyday to my sketchbook as my blog...I would have a lot of material to work with!
Anonymous said…
You achieved alot of dimension in your sketch. Had to read further to make sure it was not a 3D object.
jafabrit said…
jan, if that isn't a compliment I don't know what is LOL! thanks.

It really felt good as I was drawing and I think I will be spending more time on "just" drawing for the sake of drawing in my sketchbook.

I think cynthia we sometimes just get so busy in so many creative directions we let other things slide for a while.
Lynette said…
Wonderful! I love how the patch is integrated into the original oil painting, it gives it lots of depth and interest!
Lynette said…
oops I thought these were 2 different posts LOL. Jafafriend, your sketchbook mask is fantastic and so very creative!!
Love big brother....... it speaks volumns.

I think that sketching daily is on the top of my "things to do" for the new year ... DAILY, wonder if I can keep it up.

You know we all want to see photo's of the Queen sitting in the window... don't forget us now..
Mark Daniels said…
The second piece here is really interesting.

Mark
Louisiana said…
too much work, alot of stress. becareful angel, we don't want you sick or overwhelmed. you do wonderful work angel. all that you do pleases the eyes, remember that.
Dr.John said…
I liked b oth sketches. You have such talent.
Anonymous said…
Big Brother is fantastic! I can only imagine how incredible it is in person... Your sketching inspires me too. In fact, that's a good thing for me to ask for for Christmas - a new sketchbook - it's been much too long since I've had one. I used to carry one around with me like a security blanket - what happened?

Thanks for your comment on my blog too :)

Popular Posts