Tootsie

This is our old dog toots (now in doggie heaven) who wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack. However when it came to food she had an IQ that could knock your socks off. I had trained the dogs to listen to me when I said it was time to come in by giving them a wee treat each time they came back. She used to ring the ring a bell I hung around the door handle to let me know she wanted out (okay I concede that was a smart thing for a dog to learn). One day I noticed the bell ringing was like every five minutes. Did the lawn need fertilizing or watering? NO. She would just walk out the door and then turn right around and walk back into the house. She would look at me as if to say, "hey, so where's the treat, I went out and came back didn't I, huh! huh!"I had to remove the bell!

By the way did I mention I HATE toilet seats!!!!!!

Comments

Dr.John said…
Most dogs are smarter than we think. They work hard at training us.
SuzySnoo said…
Cute!!

Your probably not going to believe this but I trained my hamster to do the very same thing. Ring a bell when she wanted out for a run around. She drove us crazy ringing it all night we had to take it off her!
Digitalgran said…
Toots looks such a lovely dog, pity he's gone to doggie heaven.
I have a friend feltedfibers who used a toilet seat for one of her topics for City and Guilds. I directed her to your blog and she really enjoyed it.
jafabrit said…
Hi margaret. glad your friend enjoyed visiting my blog. I am psyching (spelling?) myself up to work on the seat on monday afternoon.
Toots, ah, she was a very naughty, smelly, bad dog, but we LOOOOOOOVED her so.
Lynette said…
Toots looks like she was a real sweetheart and I'm sorry she's not with you anymore but I know you'll have her memories always. We lost one last summer too and ah it's hard to lose 'em they get to be such a part of your family. How many toilet seats have you fixed up now? What a cool project! LOL I bet it's hard to even look at one in yer bathroom now!
Cynthia said…
I'm sorry to hear about Toots! I love my pets, that's for sure, but have never painted one of mine. Apparently my dog, Zuzu, is very unhappy because I have now been away for a week. Sniff.

I wish I lived in Ohio, so that I could go to the Chamberpot Show! I love what you are doing.
jafabrit said…
thanks cynthia.
toots has been gone a few years now but we still have a good laugh remembering her antics. Pets surely do become a part of the fabric of your life eh!

what a great doggie name, Zuzu.
Unknown said…
I'd lift a glass to Tootsie, but she'd probably be offended by the room temp water that would be in it! I love a dog that can train it's humans!

My last dog was a 110-pound German Shepherd called "Thor" that I raised from a 4-week-old pup.

Believe me, when Thor said "Sit!", I sat!
jafabrit said…
OMG LOL! My uncle's Chiuaua was called Thor and was the same. If he wanted to sit on your lap that was the end of it. Try and move and you got a nasty nip.

operant conditioning in reverse.

Popular Posts