Finished Painting and Yellow Springs News


Well I finally finished this painting, just have to attach the decorative scroll at the top. It is my daughter posing in my fave vintage 60's kimono on my fave metal chair by a local artist Jeff Rutledge. Jeff has a quirky sense of humour and had two names for the chair depending on your mood and who you wanted to make sit on it. The "executive hot seat" or "the chair for the flaming ass" hence the metal fan under the seat . Since my daughter is a biz major and finals are coming up this week, the chair is called "the executive hot seat."

Nancy and I have an interview later this morning with the local paper. Always get kind of nervous about things like this. Wish us luck.

Comments

Janets Planet said…
Hope the interview went well.

Nice painting.
Lynette said…
Yep gl on your interview let us know how it went. I love your painting this is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow! LOL on that chair though I would love to have one like that too!
Cynthia said…
I love the painting, plus the story behind it is priceless! I know some people say art should stand on its own, but I love reading the little tidbits that gives it that extra je ne sais quoi. The chair is fab!

I also hope your interview went well, and given what I've read so far I have no doubt that the paper is intrigued.
jafabrit said…
Hi everyone,
well we talked the reporters ear off lol! But I think it went well. Hopefully it will be a fun story to do and read.

I hear that a lot cynthia, but you know people seem to LOVE the stories behind my paintings and expect or ask for them. As for what people say about art and what should be or shouldn't be. As a jafagirl I say: Poo to that :)
Digitalgran said…
Lovely portrait of your daughter and I like to get a bit of the story behind a painting too.
Dr.John said…
Great picture and it isn't even weird. Thanks for sharing some of its history.
Wow, you are a truly amazing artist, I have the artistic ability of a cabbage, which is why I am a papercrafter and not an artist, I would love to be able to draw and paint but as far as I get is using MM paint on foam stamps, not exactly in the same league as your beautiful art!
jafabrit said…
thanks mandy. Now you are going to laugh but all my talent do you think I can pick a paint colour for the house, or do a decent wreath or paper roses. So I ain't going to knock papercrafts coz I can't do them too well. such a life!

Popular Posts