obgyn and art (son don't read this one)

I just LOVE this Van Gogh's painting, but it does nothing for me at the obgyn office. Hey I have to credit the doc with nice artwork, but I would much prefer a jolly good dose of laughing gas prior to going into the "room".
I think the worst office I ever visited was the one where they had a poster of Fabio barechested on the ceiling staring down at me while I was straddled on the table. Somehow that just didn't feel right eeeeeeeeek!

So what's hanging in your doc's office?

a related joke

By the way I have to credit W. J. St. Christopher for being able to turn a photo of a mundane piece of equipement in the oral surgeon's office into a work of art.

tags.

Comments

Cynthia said…
Can't say I ever noticed art at the Obgyn, I'm too bothered by the procedure to look too closely. I would welcome some kind of diversion...Fabio might be pushing it though!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the shout-out, JB! Photoshop gives any object artistic potential. You've just gotta be looking for it!

The doctor with the Fabio poster needed a good slapping . . .

Some years ago, I was scheduled for a BIG surgery (it was about 9 hours). My tall, blond, and wonderful surgeon had me record six cassette tapes with hours of my favorite music which was playted from the moment I was wheeled into the O.R. Also, the first thing I saw as my gurney pushed open the O.R. doors, was a HUGE Magnum, P.I. poster! (Tom Selleck was my fave 'pretend boyfriend' at the time.)

I fell asleep to my favorite (loud!) rock music, with Tom Selleck smiling at me.

Even though I was heavily medicated, I've never forgotten that.

Hmm, I'm thinking I should have saved this for a blog post!
Lynette said…
OMG ROFLMAO Alreda if I was straddled on that cold table with my feet up in the stirrups and looked up and saw Fabio on the ceiling looking down at me, I would run screaming naked from that Doc's office!! :) :) :)
LOL, I love the story of Fabio, what are they thinking!? How tacky, I hope you don't go back.
jafabrit said…
Hi desiree, no my daughter and I decided to change obgyn's. she didn't like it either and felt this odd vibe in the office.
Claire said…
Yeesh! Fabio at the OB/GYN? Methinks someone there was trying to be funny...but failing miserably! I too would run fast in the opposite direction.
jafabrit said…
Claire - thanks for stopping by. I think it was several of the nurses, but it wasn't nice funny.

Popular Posts