Bad Art for Fun


A friend was talking about her husband and she stuck her tongue out at me. I suddenly had the image of the Frida Kahlo painting in my head and just had to do a painting for my friend. We had a good laugh about it when I took it over to her house. Not sure here husband liked it too much by the pained expression on his face when asked what he thought. I believe it has been relegated to the gallery in the basement closet LOL! Did have fun painting it though.
Talking about BAD art, there is a really great museum and website called: Museum of Bad Art The painting that started it all was "Lucy in the Field with Flowers" , which is brilliantly horrid.


technorati tags:

Comments

Unknown said…
Love your painting. This Mr. should be complimented to inspire such deep feelings in his, obviously, very emotional spouse. He's been immortalized! Who could ask for more?

Thanks for the MOBA link -- loved it!
Lynette said…
Alreda these are awesome portraits!! The tongues sticking out are too cool!
ummm before I forget... BWAHAHAHAHA you've been tagged!!! :) :) :p
Lynette said…
OMG I love the bad art website Alfreda and "Lucy in the field with flowers" is hilariously good! I remember there was another painting in there of a man sitting on a toilet! :)
jafabrit said…
oh yes, that is "sunday on the pot with george". It is awful but I have to admire it. Proportionally it is good. and it must have taken HOURS to lay down on the dabs as well as choose the right colour dabs.
I found that site thanks to a garage sale customer who recommended it.

Popular Posts