The questions I'm asked sometimes!

Why is it that when you tell some people (only if they ask what I do) you're an artist they say:
"oh! what a nice hobby, must be so relaxing?"
No, I don't do it as a hobby, it is my profession, my obsession, my life, I work on it everyday. Then I get the proverbial:
"oh do you sell paintings?"
Yes.
"oh do you make a lot of money"
sheesh! do I ask them how much they earn?
"are you good?"
Now, how do you answer that question? Some think so :)

I don't know if I'm good. I know when I've done something and it's worked I'm pleased with the effort. However by then I'm already thinking how I can improve. People's tastes are so subjective that even *if* I was lucky enough to be a brilliant genius some might say it isn't their cup of tea and find something to dislike about it.

Comments

Popular Posts