Needle Painting: bird

more info
It is very time consuming, but not the actual stitching. It's getting all the colours organized and labeled correctly and setting them up so one does NOT get into a kerfuffle. I am enjoying exploring new ways of doing embroidery, and hope by the end of the year my doodle cloth has plenty of new stitches.

Reading: 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and one review said if one is going to read his work this is NOT the book to start with. Too LATE, and I am hooked even after 5 pages.

Favourite Thing
I am setting up my dining room into a tea room and this little jug sitting on the welsh dresser always makes me smile.
I bought it from my favourite art gallery in town, IN A FRAME.

 “Art is a gift. You can sell the souvenir, the canvas, the recording… but the idea itself is free, and the generosity is a critical part of making art.” Seth Godin
Found this above quote on Gwarlingo, which has an interesting article about the writer Lewis Hyde.

ps. I really agree with Seth's entry about don't expect applause in regards to the creative process.

Popular Posts