Evils AND Wickedness

Hand Embroidery translation from sketchbook.
Here is the back story about the saying Tellie Tale Tit.
I did the drawing in my sketchbook with my left hand which I think gives a frazzled look and lends itself to the nature of those whose tongues are laced with poisonous disconnect to reality. The bird I drew with my right hand.
Embroidered with my right: and if the tennis elbow commentator had bothered to READ my blog entry they would have noticed before offering advice (I already knew by the way) that I am NOT going to stop doing embroidery.

I saw a link to this on Eyeteeth:A journal of incisive ideas and wanted to share it

Comments

Philip said…
Left hand drawing? Hmm. Very effective!
Oh my, if that sharp toothed dickey bird doesn't give one pause when tempted to gossip I don't know what would. These translations seem to carry the immediacy of the sketchbook well.
jafabrit said…
thanks Philip, it is becoming really good practice for me. I did several drawings of a live model and it was really interesting.

thanks Bill, I was pleased with the results.
Lady P said…
the video made me understand that work of art even more
the hell with tennis elbow or carpal tunnel or arthritis in the hands (i have the last two)
i will die with them prying the fiber from my clasping, art driven grasp
jafabrit said…
Your comment made me smile Lady P.

Popular Posts